header image

Bonnie and Clyde

WHAT A GREAT MOVIE TO END THE SEMESTER WITH. I absolutely love this movie. WAYYY too much violence if you ask me, but man.. is it a good movie! The last scene will forever stay in my head, of Bonnie and Clyde’s bodies with sooo many bullet holes. Nothing can ever take that image out of my head. I love how they are so proud of what they do. “We rob banks”.  Blanch is a real character, who makes a heck of a difference in the movie.. she adds the craziness of it all. As if it wasn’t crazy enough that they seem to love to take pictures with guns, flashing and showing off that they are “bad.” Was it only me, or did anyone else watching it for the first time, worry that they would run out of gas at some point during the movie when they were trying to get rid of the police? Anywho, goooooooooood movie. Definitely adding this to my list of “must watch again.” đŸ™‚

~ by Avah Au-Yeung on December 14, 2011.

4 Responses to “Bonnie and Clyde”

1. I feel the same way about the last scene. It’s hard to forget the death scene, I think, because of the magnitude of the brutality; It’s so visually powerful and mentally scarring. The only other scene like this that I’ve seen is in The Godfather when Sonny is killed.

2. I think a lot of people would agree with you, it was a great movie to end the semester with. I absolutely loved it as well. Not only did I worry they’d run of gas, but I was rooting for them- the bad guys, the entire time! I was on the edge, hoping they wouldn’t fall for the trap C.W’s father put them in. Their death is an unforgettable scene.

3. That death scene is burned into my head as well. but not because it was violent but just the way it was shot. It was perfect to use slow motion to kind-of shock the viewer that what their seeing is real.

4. I’m glad we finally got to see a character man enough to do some on screen killing. The violence is what is so drawing about the film. The fascination of the gangster is reintroduced in a new fashion as a vigilante couple. The woman is as rebellious as the male which is attributed to the changing times. Movies and its audience became more rebellious during this period in time evidently providing an exaggerated glimpse of the times. Bonnie and Clyde set the bar for future gangster films to match its wit and violence.