header image

Invasion of the Body Snatchers

I was never a real fan of Sci-fi’s.. but that was until I watched Invasion of the Body Snatchers. This movie had me on the edge of my seat in class. No lie, I was confused at certain points in the movie. I kept having to ask myself, what is going on?! Especially in the beginning when the people were saying how so and so weren’t they’re so and so. It seemed as though everyone was crazy and I didn’t know what to think. Anywho, the part that stands out the most to me from the movie would be when its a long shot of when they were handing out the pods, and everyone from all different sides walks up to the center. That scene was pretty daunting to watch because I could not picture if somewhere in New York that was to happen, I’d be completely freaked out if I had to witness that. Then the moment that they all disperse into different directions.. how freaky. I also found it kind of interesting how there is so much running in the movie. I feel bad for the actors if they had to do multiple takes of all that. I really enjoyed the movie.. and it was definitely a treat to watch it after the midterm. I will certainly watch it again (and again) in the future, so hopefully I’ll understand it more and more each time.  I encourage everyone to do the same, because although I didn’t get the entire movie from the first watch.. I do know that it was really that good.

~ by Avah Au-Yeung on November 15, 2011.